Now that you’ve had a Fraxel treatment, you’re probably eagerly awaiting the appearance of your fresh, healthy, glowing skin. But hold on just a minute! You’ve still got a little work to do before you reach maximum results. Follow our post-Fraxel skin care guide to help your skin heal properly so your absolute best face can emerge!
- Drink water like crazy and avoid all caffeine products.
- Avoid the sun entirely for the rest of the day following the Fraxel procedure.
- Use ice packs on the treatment area in 10-20 minute increments to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Do not cleanse your skin, but you may apply moisturizer as needed (Pro tip: Use a moisturizer made for post-procedure skin and keep it in the fridge for a refreshing, soothing sensation upon application).
- Since lying flat may also promote swelling, we recommend only sitting and even sleeping sitting up for the first night or two.
The Next Few Days
- If you must be exposed to the sun in the days following your Fraxel procedure, be sure to wear a strong (at least SPF 30) sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection along with a wide-brim hat. Stay under shade as much as possible while outside.
- Continue chugging water as much as possible.
- As your dead skin begins to slough off and peel, DO NOT pick at it or try to peel away flakes. We know this is asking a lot, but picking at this stage could cause permanent scarring. Allow the skin to slough off on its own.
- Only cleanse the treatment area with warm water. We’d avoid using a cleanser until several days post-procedure. Continue to moisturize your skin as needed.
- Do not scrub or exfoliate the treatment area.
- Do not shave, wax, tweeze, or use chemical hair removers on the treatment area.
The Next Few Weeks
- You may begin cleansing the treatment area with a mild cleanser and warm water. Continue moisturizing as needed.
- Do not scrub or exfoliate until several weeks after the procedure.
- Shave or tweeze the treatment area with great caution. Do not wax at all or use chemical hair removers.
- Continue using sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and avoid direct sunlight whenever possible.
Fraxel Treatments in Tampa Bay
If you follow our advice, along with case-specific instructions given to you during and after your Fraxel treatment, you will achieve the best possible results. Fraxel is a safe, effective way to improve the texture, tone, and elasticity of your skin without risky surgery. If you live in Tampa Bay and want to get more information about Fraxel, contact Ultimate Image at (727) 799-7000 or online.